- Legal Spectatorship: Slavery and the Visual Culture of Domestic Violence,
Duke University Press, June 2022.
- 2022. “Hieroglyphics of the Film: Stuplimity and Static in the Films of
Ja’Tovia Gary,” Black Camera can be found here.
- “Allegation Escrow Technology: Target Rape, Reporter’s Dilemma and the Promise of
‘He Said, They Said.’” Special Issue Video Evidence in Law & Policy
First Monday, Sandra Ristovska, ed., Spring 2022.
- “Techniques of Abstraction in Black Arts: A Feminist Review Essay.” Accepted for forthcoming Special Issue on Feminist Mournings in Meridians: Feminism, Race, Transnationalism, Kimberly Juanita Brown and Jyoti Puri, eds., Spring 2022.
- 2021. “Eye-Tracking Techniques and Strategies of the Flesh in The Brother From Another Planet: Notes Toward A Visual Literacy of Video-Recorded Lethal Police-Civilian Encounters,” Amherst Series on Law, Jurisprudence and Social Thought Issue Law and the Visible, Austin Sarat, ed. can be found here.
- 2018. “Affective Architectures: Photographic Evidence and the Evolution of Courtroom
Visuality,” Journal of Visual Culture. Special Issue on Affect and the Limits of Photography, Vol. 17(2): 207-221 can be found here.
- 2015. “Held in the Light: Reading the Rihanna Domestic Abuse Photography.” In Feminist Surveillance Studies, eds. Rachel Dobrofsky and Shoshana Magnet. Durham, NC: Duke University Press: 107-124 can be found here.
- 2013. “Photographie Féminine: Exile and Survival in Ana Mendieta, Donna Ferrato and Nan Goldin.” Anglistica Aion: An Interdisciplinary Journal. Vol. 17(1): 179-190 can be found here.